Blue Coast Live

Multimedia by UK School of Journalism & Media Students

Blue Coast Live

Blue Coast Live

Haiti Hustle leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
"Haiti Hustle" leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
March 29, 2016

TechFed: Annual technology forum to discuss new ‘My Virtual DEN @ UK’

TechFed BlogFor tech junkies like me, this is the CES of the University of Kentucky.
Ok, maybe not quite, but “Tech Tips Live” does have appeal. The annual student technology forum that features new technologies from UKIT will be Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Hub, located in the basement of the William T. Young Library.
The star of this year’s forum is the Virtual Desktop ENvironment, or the “My Virtual DEN @ UK”, which will allow students to connect to some softwares from their own personal desktops, laptops or tablets. They plan on launching My Virtual DEN in May 2012.
What softwares will be available hasn’t been outlined yet. But I doubt any of my own favorites (Adobe suites, Final Cut Pro, Motion, etc..) are what they will be addressing. While I don’t know for sure, I will assume they will be the PC-friendly softwares like CAD, or programming softwares.
For those not interested in learning about Virtual DEN, you may still want to stick around. The event will have free pizza and you can register to have a chance to win an iPad 2, a digital camera, a $100 Malone’s gift card, hats, T-shirts, backpacks and more.
Unfortunately,  I will not be able to make it due to prior commitments. However, I plan on bringing you more about the Virtual DEN service and any other new products in the coming days.
Stay tuned. Get TechFed.