Blue Coast Live

Multimedia by UK School of Journalism & Media Students

Blue Coast Live

Blue Coast Live

Haiti Hustle leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
"Haiti Hustle" leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
March 29, 2016

Valentine’s Day events, specials on campus

Buy one, get one entrees at Qdoba. But here’s the catch: You’ve gotta pucker up with a significant other, friend or nearby stranger. The special runs for Tuesday only, so bring your chapstick and head to the corner of Euclid and Rose!
Dogs and cupcakes. The UK Wildcat Service Dogs group is teaming up with Naticakes, a cupcake shop near Kennedy Book Store, to deliver cupcakes for Valentine’s Day. Be on the lookout for them around campus!
Office of Undergraduate Admissions “Share the UK Love” contest. Full-time UK students can post a status on Facebook or Twitter saying why they love UK anytime on Tuesday and be eligible to win an iPad. Entries will be placed in a random drawing and there is a two-entry maximum per student. The winners will be announced Friday on the UK Admissions Facebook page, and they will be notified via email.

See the rules below, as sent to all students via email:
On Facebook
  • Go to www.facebook.com/universityofkentuckyadmissions and “like” the page
  • Post on Facebook a status about why you love UK between the hours of midnight and 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 14.
  • You must mention “University of Kentucky Admissions” in your post.
    Example status: I love all of the opportunities to be involved at UK! @University of Kentucky Admissions
On Twitter
  • Tweet a message about why you love UK between the hours of midnight and 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 14
  • You must mention @UKYAdmission in your tweet
    Example tweet: I love being a Wildcat! @UKYAdmission

Valentine’s Party for young patients at the Kentucky Children’s Hospital. The Lexington Dream Factory is holding its annual party at the hospital starting at noon. The organization works to fulfill dreams of children with critical and severe chronic conditions through volunteer work and donations. Ninety percent of funds raised go directly to fulfilling kids’ dreams.