Blue Coast Live

Multimedia by UK School of Journalism & Media Students

Blue Coast Live

Blue Coast Live

Haiti Hustle leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
"Haiti Hustle" leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
March 29, 2016

UK Social Media Hub Working with Foursquare

UK has launched a new social media hub to keep all of Big Blue Nation engaged, but the university hopes to add yet another media account, Foursquare, by the end of the year.

Executive director of UK’s Office of Public Relations and Marketing Jay Blanton has high hopes for the media hub. “Our hope is that this hub will allow the UK community to better connect with one another, making events and news more readily available.” Blanton says the media hub will create better communication all around.
The social media hub is designed to keep the masses informed on everything UK via the World Wide Web. The media hub can be found on UK’s website. Links to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, iTunes U and LinkedIn can be clicked on to take users to a vast world of Wildcat social media.
Students visiting the media hub will notice one link cannot yet be accessed. Foursquare, a program that allows people to check into places via their smartphones, is not up and running just yet. UK is working with Foursquare to get the program running and hopes to have it available by the end of the year.
Julie Meador with UK PR says the university is excited about the learning possibilities the media hub can offer. “We are really excited to offer this to everyone so they can learn about new [media] accounts that maybe they didn’t know about before.” Meador says students can use this media account to check into places, to find places nearby to eat, and many other things. Students who check into places the most will become the “mayor” of that place.
Visit the new media hub HERE.