Blue Coast Live

Multimedia by UK School of Journalism & Media Students

Blue Coast Live

Blue Coast Live

Haiti Hustle leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
"Haiti Hustle" leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
March 29, 2016

UK enters ‘Dead Week’ – Finals soon to come.

BY RICK BURCHFIELD
As the University of Kentucky enters “Dead Week,” the week where students get a chance to catch up on assignments and cram for final exams, there is an ever foreboding feeling students get during this time of the year. Even for the most prepared students, there is still a sense of urgency about. As a senior at UK, I can definitely attest to this notion.
Students are now “hunkering down” and getting to serious business, since this is the last chance to study hard and potentially boost their final grades. But really the question is, how can students prepare for finals and be rewarded for their efforts on final exams? It’s the biggest test of the semester and some may be feeling more pressure to succeed than others.
I sat down with UK Counselor Dr. Tina Bryant, who is on staff at the UK Counseling Center at Frazee Hall (the building right in front of the Student Center), and asked her simply, how can students be successful during finals week? In the interview she gave a number of examples and says she sees so many students who feel anxiety and stress over exams throughout the year, but even more so now finals week is approaching.
Here, you can listen to the five minute interview with Dr. Bryant. Maybe you can take heed to her advice, especially those who cannot find the time to visit UK’s Counseling Center, and apply it during the last two weeks of the semester.
Interview w/ Dr. Tina Bryant of UK Counseling Center
UK Finals Week begins on Monday, May 2 and ends Friday, May 6. To all my fellow students, good luck and study hard. Summer break is just around the corner!