Blue Coast Live

Multimedia by UK School of Journalism & Media Students

Blue Coast Live

Blue Coast Live

Haiti Hustle leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
"Haiti Hustle" leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
March 29, 2016

SGA elections hit campus

Senator at large canidate
Senator at Large candidate Chris Hartlage handing out fliers.

SGA elections have hit campus with fliers, posters and candidates on corners.
Chris Hartlage, who is running for senator at large, was outside the Chemistry-Physics building repeating the same phrase as he handed out fliers:
“Have you voted yet?”
Students can vote on line at uksga.org. The website links to a sign-in page and allows you to vote for SGA president, senators at large and college senators.
Online and in-person polling are open today and tomorrow. Students can also vote in person at the classroom building and student center from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Hartlage is running with Alex Brewer and Emily Fisher. Hartlage is on Micah Fiedman’s ticket. Fieldman is the only candidate for SGA president.
“Micah invited me to be on his ticket and I jumped right on,” said Hartlage. “I liked a lot of his initiatives.”
Fieldman helped Hartlage hand out fliers in the rain. If Hartlage is elected, he plans to get more funding for student organizations and get student representation in Frankfort through the Wildcat Interest Group.
The Wildcat Interest Group is hoping to secure tuition caps and to give UK the ability to sell bonds for larger projects.
Twenty-Four students are running for senator-at-large, and every category has the write-in option.You can vote for up to 15 people on the senator at large ballot.
“A lot of good candidates  (are) running,” said Hartlage between handing fliers out.