Blue Coast Live

Multimedia by UK School of Journalism & Media Students

Blue Coast Live

Blue Coast Live

Haiti Hustle leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
"Haiti Hustle" leaves a footprint on the minds of Haiti Educators
March 29, 2016

Future Cats make statement in All-America game

Six recruits represented head coach John Calipari and the UK men’s basketball team in the 2013 McDonald’s High School All-American game Wednesday night. No other program in the nation could claim more than two recruits of the 24 participating in this year’s game.
The West team defeated the East team 110-99 in a game heavily controlled by the Cats’ incoming freshmen.
For the East team, forward Julius Randle and center Dakari Johnson combined for 23 points on 11-20 shooting in a losing effort. Randle led the East squad with seven rebounds on the evening.
Four more future Cats represented the victorious West team in the festivities. Twins Andrew and Aaron Harrison were the starting backcourt tandem for the West, and the duo did not disappoint. Andrew, the point guard, scored 10 points on perfect 5-5 shooting from the field, and dished four assists as well. Aaron, the shooting guard, added six points and five rebounds.
Coming off the bench for the West were guard James Young, who racked up six points and four rebounds in his time on the floor, and forward Marcus Lee, contributed two points, two rebounds and a blocked shot.
The consensus top prospect of this high school class, Andrew Wiggins, dropped 19 points on 6-10 shooting for the East team. Wiggins remains undecided and has not announced any developments toward a decision at this time, but UK remains a finalist to secure his talents. Should Wiggins commit to UK, he would be the seventh and final All-American in this recruiting class, the most Calipari has ever collected in one class.